As a personal finance blogger, I thought it would be interesting to talk about what things I don’t mind spending my money on. I also have a post talking about what I do mind spending money on.
So what things am I happy to spend money on?
- A holiday every couple of years – Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean an all out extravagant holiday, just a simple few days away from home whether we are staying in the UK or going abroad. Working from home means I often get cabin fever and sometimes need a little break for a couple of days. We’ve recently been to both Weston-super-Mare and Hull with more trips planned.
- A car – Whilst it doesn’t have to be the flashiest newest ride, Steve needs a car for various reasons so something that fits the whole family and meets our needs is perfect.
- TV – I don’t go out, I rarely drink, I rarely go shopping. My only real expense is my TV package, internet connection and our phones. Most people downgrade to the smallest package possible when budgeting but we are happy to pay out for a decent TV and broadband package. That isn’t to say we won’t be reducing costs when our contracts are up.
- House Maintenance – Whilst we privately rent, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t costs involved with the upkeep of the house. With Steve working weird hours, we hire someone to do our garden and I’m considering hiring someone to come in and clean..
- Anything work related – I already mentioned my internet connection and my phone contract but when it comes to my domains, my hosting, my scheduling tools and the like, these are a necessary evil so I don’t really mind spending on them.
This list is probably a lot different to yours, what do you like to spend money on?